The Golden Gate Chapter of BMWCCA has invited Redwood Empire Mini Enthusiasts and Niello MINI to participate in their Beginner’s Driving School at Thunderhill Raceway in Willows, CA. Their Driving School is well known for its professionalism and safety. This event will be part of their August Driving School. This event is limited to the first 25 MINI owners who sign up. Unfortunately, due to Race Track Insurance limitations, no convertibles are allowed on the track.
- DATE: Saturday, August 25, 2007
- TIME: 8 am – 2:45 pm
- PLACE: Thunderhill Raceway, Willows, CA
- 8:00 am: Introduction from BMWCCA chief driving instructors. Introductions are given to all students.
- 9:00 am: Join First Driving School Class Introduction
- 10 am – Noon, Safety School Class: This class will be conducted in your cars on a separate paved section of Thunderhill Raceway. This school is a requirement for all students to other BMWCCA schools.
- 12:10 pm – 12:50 pm: Instructors will give you a ‘Lead & Follow” session at Parade Lap speeds (no helmets are required).
- 1:00 pm – 1:30 pm: No-host lunch is available from vendors at the track.
- 2:00 pm – 2:45 pm: Safety School final instruction if required.
- 2:45 pm – 5 pm: Class participants will have the opportunity to take rides with instructors.
There are a limited number of helmets available to be used for the safety school and the instructor drive arounds.
The signup list is only located on the REME MegaBBS Calendar. You must sign up there prior to July 1st. A $150 per participant payment (check only) is due by August 1st. A special teeshirt will be given to all participants. Mail checks to:
- Redwood Empire Mini Enthusiasts
- P.O. Box 944
- Healdsburg, CA 95448